Chickpea milk, raspberry yogurt and applesauce. What do these three have in common?
They were homemade, with lots of love, by yours truly this morning.
Of course, the yogurt and chickpea milk didn’t really require much work. Just some planning, really. For the chickpea milk, I had to soak the chickpeas overnight, and to have my yogurt ready this morning, I had to get it started last night. The applesauce was the only thing that really involved some work, and not even all that much.
I started early this morning, and by the time the hubby and DD-14 came downstairs for breakfast, the house already smelled delicious.
And here’s the recipe for my applesauce.
- at least 4 apples (I most often use apples that are past their prime)
- Peel the apples and cut them into cubes.
- Place apple cubes into saucepan and add water till almost covered.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and leave to simmer until the apple cubes are tender. Add extra water if needed.
- Remove saucepan from heat and drain if necessary.
- Add cinnamon to taste and stir until you reach your preferred consistency.
- Add sugar or other sweetener if preferred, but I suggest tasting the applesauce before adding sugar, as it’s usually sweet enough already.
Don’t forget to add the secret ingredient: Love.